Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September is over

O.K. ,
I've got myself a bog...Well done... I've often thought it might be of interest to some people, what it is like to own and run the Yellow Rose Strip Club... Actually we prefer Gentleman's Club... but I felt compelled to use strip club to make sure I get some love from the search engines.

My name is Mike Persinger and I've owned and run the "World Famous" YELLOW ROSE in Austin Texas for 15 years now (the club actually opened in 1982). I just spent the last two years of my life in a Federal Prison Camp in Beaumont Texas and got out last March (more on that later). In the years that I have run the Yellow Rose we have always been the number #1 club in liquor sales Austin and sold more liquor per square foot than almost any club in the State of Texas. Well, during my absence, a lot of things changed and the club fell back a few notches.... But hey... It was still here when I got out (which is more than most people get) and I have a kick ass staff... and we are rebuilding the business inch by inch in the shittiest economy I've seen in my 30 years of owning businesses.

Back in 1994 when my family bought The Yellow Rose (yes this is a family owned business)there was no such thing as blogging and the Internet was around but no one had access to it. It would have been great to have been able to chronicle my adventures and and share them with the world back then...but hell... back then we still had to take our photos to Walgreen's. Well.... The Yellow Rose is sort of in the same place it was when we bought it...We have a great name and still have a great customers ... and beautiful women. But we are not number one and that bugs me... So this will be a second chance to share the building of the Yellow Rose into the #1 club in Austin.. one more time. If anyone is reading this I hope to keep you entertained... SO...hang on to your hats and enjoy the ride.

I'll write more soon but for right now I have to deposit my pay check and go to the court house to pay my restitution.

2 comments:

  1. Keep going pal, should be one heck of a screen play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    Welcome to the Blogosphere. Enjoy the process of expressing yourself as you did so wonderfully in your Prison letters.
    Next step is facebook.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete